Discover the Joy of Volunteering at VPH
Delivering service excellence would not be possible without the help of
our valuable volunteers. Being a part of the Valley Presbyterian Hospital
community means we all have the power to touch the lives of patients and
their families in immeasurable ways. Our volunteers provide assistance
and support services to staff, patients and visitors across departments.
We are proud of the quality and service our volunteers contribute to our
patients and staff.
If you'd like to join our volunteer team, or would like more information,
please contact Director of Volunteer Services Virginia Napoles at (818)
All applicants must be:
- At least 16 years of age
- In good physical and mental health
- Able to communicate well in English (second language skills are a plus)
- Willing to volunteer one 3-4 hour shift for 4 consecutive weeks as a patient/family escort
- Commitment to 120 hours of volunteer service and a minimum of one 4-hour
shift each week
- Adults must have a background check cleared before starting. The hospital
will pay for this report.
In addition, applicants are required to have health clearance before starting,
- Written documentation of a minimum of two vaccinations for measles, mumps
and rubella (MMR) received as a child in individuals born after 1957,
or one MMR given after the age of 17. Proof of Varicella immunization
and other childhood immunizations.
- Recent TB skin test screening for tuberculosis or, in skin test-positive
individuals, a written report of chest x-ray results taken within the
- Flu shot proof during flu season only (November 1 - March 31)
Please note that these requirements to become a volunteer are subject to change.