The Need for Expansion
The number of patients visiting our Emergency Department has increased
to more than double its capacity. Construction is underway on a $10.2
million project to renovate and expand the department to meet the needs
of patients and their families in the San Fernando Valley.
The Emergency Department will remain fully operational during the 3-year
construction project. When completed, it will include:
- Expanded and modernized patient and family waiting areas.
- New areas to process and treat patients with urgent but not life-threatening
- A “child-friendly” treatment area.
- A new patient room for assessing patients with infectious disease symptoms.
- A new room for treating patients with behavioral health symptoms.
- A new, improved entrance to the Emergency Department to facilitate easy access.
The hospital’s Board of Directors has committed all of the necessary
funds to complete the project. In addition, the Valley Presbyterian Hospital
Foundation is raising $2.5 million, or approximately 25% of the total
budget, through the generosity of the region’s philanthropic community.
Become a Partner In Change
Gifts to the Foundation, in any amount, will support our efforts to provide
high-quality, compassionate care. Learn how you can help the Emergency
Department renovation by becoming our
Partner in Change >
Prospective donors interested in more information or a tour of our Emergency
Department, please contact Pegi Matsuda, Foundation President at 818.902.2997 or
firstname.lastname@example.org or Tori McNees, Annual Giving Manager, at 818.902.2904 or