The Valley Presbyterian Hospital Marketing & Communications Department
is dedicated to servicing the media by providing information on health
care news as it happens at Valley Presbyterian and around the world.
Our department welcomes inquiries from local, regional and national media
looking for sources on all health care-related topics.
Members of the media should call the Marketing & Communications Department
with any of the following requests:
- Interview with an expert spokesperson for medical/health news
- Request to videotape or shoot still photography within the hospital
- Seeking information about a news release or event at the hospital
A member of the Marketing & Communications team is available weekdays
from 9 AM to 6 PM, Pacific Standard Time, and can be reached by calling
For urgent requests
after hours or on weekends, please call 818.768.6600 and ask the hospital operator to page the on-call Public Relations representative.
Media Relations Policy
To effectively accommodate media requests on news and events at Valley
Presbyterian Hospital, the Marketing & Communications Department established
the following guidelines for reporters requesting information or interviews:
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with Valley Presbyterian
Hospital staff or patients in advance through the Marketing & Communications
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy and appropriate sensitivity to patients
and families, reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be
accompanied by a Marketing & Communications Department representative
while on the Valley Presbyterian Hospital campus.
- Media will be met by a Marketing & Communications Department representative
and escorted to the appropriate location in the hospital.
- No patient information will be released to the media without the written
consent of the patient or legal representative.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at the hospital by the media
must provide written consent to the Marketing & Communications Department.
- We require that all references to the hospital use the hospital's full
name, Valley Presbyterian Hospital.