At Valley Presbyterian Hospital we know how vital our volunteers are to our hospital. They play an important role in the success of Valley Presbyterian Hospital because they help deliver personalized care to our patients and visitors. Our volunteers donate countless hours of their time giving back to the surrounding community where many of them come from. These dedicated individuals realize how a friendly smile and helping hand can make a difference in someone's life. Our diverse groups of volunteers range in age from 14 to 85 years old.
Volunteer positions at Valley Presbyterian Hospital are as unique and interesting as the people who fill them. The volunteer opportunities vary based on each volunteer's area of interest and available time. The Volunteer Services Department works with you and the departments to find a suitable match. Volunteers serve throughout our hospital in a variety of areas including admitting, the escort office, the gift shop, information desks, and nursing units.
For more information, contact Virginia Napoles at email@example.com.
- All applicants must be at least 14 years of age or older
- We ask that you commit to a regular volunteer schedule of at least four hours a week for a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer service every six months
- Complete a Volunteer Application and Health Clearance Form
- Read the Volunteer Handbook and complete the quiz
- Provide proof of a current tuberculosis (TB) test
- Provide proof of a measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Abide by all Valley Presbyterian Hospital policies and procedures
- Adults must also consent to a security background check
You need to call or e-mail us to request to have a Volunteer Packet (application, health clearance, handbook and quiz) mailed to you.
Once you receive a Volunteer Packet:
- Complete the Volunteer Application and Health Clearance Form. If you are younger than 18 years of age, you must get signed consent from a parent or guardian. The health form needs to be completed by your primary care physician. (A current TB test is required.)
- Read through the Handbook and complete the quiz. You must have completed the entire Volunteer Packet before calling to schedule an interview.
- If you have any questions or to schedule an interview please contact: Virginia Napoles, Director of Patient Relations and Volunteer Services at (818) 902-2932, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|VARIETY OF OPEN POSITIONS|
|Admitting||Welcomes patients and visitors to the admitting area. Provides directions. Escorts patients to designated departments. Assists with clerical duties.|
|Central Supply||Sorts, labels, and helps deliver supplies throughout the hospital.|
|Emergency Department||Helps staff by running errands and answering phones. Also helps with paperwork.|
|Gift Shop||Salesperson who keeps the shop organized and handles gift-wrapping.|
|Information Desk||Welcomes patients and visitors to the hospital. Directs visitors, patients, and vendors to designated areas.|
|Medical Records||Aids wtih clerical duties that include alphabetizing files, filing paperwork, copying, and answering phones.|
|Miscellaneous Office||Handles clerical duties and special mailing projects, as needed.|
|Nursing Units||Helps answer the phones, responds to patient call lights, assists with discharges, makes charts, runs errands, and helps feed patients.|
|Patient Visiting||Visits and listens to patients, makes follow-ups on requests. Assists in promoting excellent customer relations.|
|Radiology||Welcomes patients and visitors to the Radiology area. Provides directions. Escorts patients to other departments. Assists with clerical duties including filing x-ray reports and answering phones.|
|Helps answer phones, makes charts, handles errands, and assists with patient discharges.|
|Surgery Lobby||Greets visitors/families, relays information regarding surgery times, and receives information from Recovery Room to provide to visitors.|
|Volunteer Escort Office||Handles errands throughout the facility. Works on special mail and copy projects. Assists with transporting patients upon discharge. Helps with miscellaneous duties.|