Emergency Department Hospitalist Program
For more than 50 years, Valley Presbyterian Hospital has been dedicated
to providing exceptional health care to the San Fernando Valley region.
Our hospitalist program provides 24/7 physician coverage to patients who
are admitted through our Emergency Department and do not have a primary
care physician to manage their care.
A hospitalist is a physician who specializes in taking care of patients
in the hospital. Our board-certified hospitalists, led by Medical Director
Sanjay Vadgama, MD, collaborate with other physicians, staff and ancillary
services to ensure patients receive high quality, coordinated care throughout
their hospital stay.
Click here to meet our Valley Presbyterian Hospitalist team.
You may be assigned to a hospitalist if:
- You do not have a primary care physician.
- You do not have health insurance.
- You are from outside the local area and do not have access to a primary
There are several benefits of hospitalist care:
- Hospitalists work only in the hospital and are available around the clock.
- Hospitalists are easily accessible in emergencies and whenever a doctor
is needed right away.
- Hospitalists can order tests and consult with other specialists for treatment.
- Hospitalists communicate with patients and their families to keep them
informed of medical conditions and treatments.